Happy Birthday to my Skyler! Today is her one year spiritual birthday. The morning that she came to Chris & I to let us know she had asked the Lord into her heart and life was truly one of the best moments in my lifetime of being a momma.
She went back to camp last week and made several decisions while she was there. Most specifically, she asked the Lord to help her with her attitude. She told us that she realized that what goes into her mind affects her heart and usually comes out of her mouth (words of wisdom from an almost 9 year old), so she made a promise to the Lord to not watch tv shows with children that have bad attitudes. These were big decisions for her & I am very proud of her making them on her own conviction from the Holy Spirit and then coming to tell us about them of her own will. She had a great week at camp! What a blessing camp ministry has been to Chris & I - we were both saved at a young age while at church camp. We have always stressed the importance of camp over the past 10 years of ministry.
Have a blessed day!
1 comment:
What a great story and such a sweet spirit in her at a tender, young age. That really was great to read today.
(I'm pregnant so I get to be sappy.... right?)
Post a Comment