We have squash, zuchinni, lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, 4 kinds of tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, corn, and beans planted. All of it is producing something. I've had a mess of beans & taters, several tomatoes, cucumbers, and the rest is still growing. While we are waiting on our squash and zuchinni, we have had a church member give us a ginormous amount of their "overabundance!" Gotta get busy tonight & get it put away - after I make some sauteed squash/onions for dinner & make Abby Cate a couple of trays of food! I also have a huge amount of cucumbers ready to make some pickles! Hmmm!
We decided to go a different route on traditional gardening - we planted in old tires. We 1) are recycling & 2) are saving time in that we don't have to weed! We are already learning and deciding what we need to do differently for next year, but overall, I believe it was a success. Not having to weed a garden makes it so much easier to worry about keeping it dusted and watered and bug free - HUGE time saver!
This was the garden several weeks ago - since this picture was taken, everything is about double the size here & the cucumbers (front right) & tomatoes (second row) are loaded!
1 comment:
Wow, what a neat idea! I love being able to go out in the back yard and bring in food to have for dinner! And it's so tasty too!
Post a Comment